Friday, May 14, 2010

"Big Sister" Crown

 

 

 

 


If you're like me, after baby number one...

...you had all of the stuff you could possibly need for all subsequent babies.

Sure, it's nice to get some new little outfits...

...but I really loved the 'frozen food showers' (where everyone cooked a meal and froze it for the harried Mama)...

...or the 'big sister' gifts (that helped to make the older children less jealous)!

I wanted to make sure my friend's new baby wasn't the only one getting a present from me...

...so I made his big sister a crown!

I used one of the pieces of pre-felt that I had barely felted several weeks ago...

...and cut out a crown-like shape.

I needle-felted pencil roving in two horizontal stripes...

...and added circles of single-color pre-felt.

I needle-felted the ends of the crown together...

...then used a piece of floor underlayment as a resist between front and back.

The felting came together easily...

...and it was a really fun project to do.

When it was fully felted and rinsed...

...I ironed it with a steamy iron and let it dry in its proper circular shape.

Too bad you weren't there to see the baby's father try it on his nearly bald pate!

Adorable!! :)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

Such a lovely idea. The crown is beautiful. And if I ever have another baby, I am going to remember the frozen food shower. Have a great week end.

FeltersJourney said...

Lovely crown & a lovely thought!

Its so easy for big brothers & sisters to feel left out with new bubs gettin` all the attention, its really nice when people make a little extra effort for them too - good for you!

And Id of loved someone to freeze a meal for me after I had mine... smash & bisto were one of my faves at that time :o)
x

Clare Wassermann said...

What a totally lovely idea - all of them - we don't do showers in this country really but I think it's great way for women to bond. Loved looking at your blog - thank you x

Kim van Waardenburg said...

your crown is beautyfull Heather!!
I bet the big sister will be having loads of imagination plays with it.

karolina-g said...

beautiful crown! :D