Monday, May 24, 2010

Chaos and Creation: Part One

 

 

 

 


For nearly a year...

...I've been wet-felting in my dining room.

It hasn't been terrible, since I have a large wooden dining table...

...the surface of which I'm not the least bit concerned about damaging.

(It's pretty well-scratched from other crafty pursuits over the years.)

I haven't much liked dripping soapy water on my hardwood floors, though...

...and I've had to move things on and off the table for meals pretty regularly.

Lately, I've been coveting my blog friends' felting studios...

...and I've been wondering how I might create a similarly functional space in my own home.

The final push came when my friend, K, came to visit earlier this month...

...and I realized that 'something needed to give' if I were ever to comfortably teach, even small groups of students, in this space.

A vision of my renovation came to me in my sleep...

...when I realized that my sewing room had rather outlived its purpose.

I decided to relocate most of my sewing paraphernalia to my "college-daughter's" bedroom...

...and re-do the sewing room.

Here are some 'before' photos of the room as it's been for some time (a ghastly mess)...

...and the beginnings of its gutting.

With things here all at sixes and sevens...

...I may not have too many projects to show you for a bit. (Sorry)

To be continued...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sally Anne said...

It's funny how the best ideas come to us in our sleep, or just as we are drifting off.
This project looks very exciting indeed, and I can't wait to see what happens next !
xxxx

Kim van Waardenburg said...

a special place to felt is soo easy... you can start at something and leave it till teh next day or so!! I bet this room will be great!