Friday, January 21, 2011

The Very Last Gasp...Of The Pillows

Orange and gold pillow.

 


Half of my 2010 Christmas pillows.

 


Tri-color pillow with silk scarf inlay.

 


The tri-color pillow back.

 


I know, I know...

...you thought this day would never come! Giggle.

Yes, this is finally the last of my (many) pillows...

...and I think we will all be happy to move on!

Both of these pillows were gifts for blog-reading friends...

...so I couldn't surprise them with the 'what'.

I did, however, ask for specific color requests...

...so that they would be sure to please their recipients.

The orange and gold pillow was made with ribbon-like wool strips...

...prefelt bits and wool roving.

For the tri-colored pillow, I used wool roving...

...and a section of silk scarf to help connect the colors.

The backing fabric that you see was extra fabric from a long ago project...

...curtains for a house I no longer live in. :)


Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

vilterietje said...

well, you're wrong, because: i just can't get enough, i just cn't get enough, i just can't ge enough!
love em all! love, riet

Heather Woollove said...

Oh, Riet, you are delightful!! XXO-

FeltersJourney said...

Oh Heather, dont they look pretty in a group like that?!

I've enjoyed seeing them, they have all been wonderfull and I'm sure the recipients were thrilled to bits.
xx

Fi said...

Love that orange one. Just how many pillows did you make?

Anonymous said...

I am simply amazed at the range of your imagination. Every pillow totally different, and I still can't figure out how you matched the backing, for every one of them, so perfectly to their felted front. It was a monumental task, and you came through it with flying colors. And I do mean that literally! :)

Anonymous said...

*gasp*! So many, I am impressed!!! Well done, Heather.

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, the orange and gold is now my official favorite. I love seeing all of your creations.

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Thanks! Two of them were about to disappear with my daughters back to college after Thanksgiving, so I quickly threw the ones I had finished in a pile and snapped that jumbled photo.

Thanks, Fiona, Sandie, Monika and Andrea! I made over twenty of them when all was said and done...yes I really like the orange one, too. :)

Anonymous said...

wow so many!! you can do an exhibition with all of them together:)
I think it is a fun way of exploring possibilities with the feltingtechnique and adding differnt fibers or laces to it... My compliments!!
Hugs,
Kim

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Kim! You're right...since they're not too big or 'involved',
it was fun to try out different felting ideas with each one.

Kathleen said...

You use the most gorgeous fabrics on your pillow backs!!

Kathy

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Kathy! (Did you see how many people liked your pillow?) :)

Mariana said...

Look at all those pillows! amazing! so many different colours and textures! fantastic work!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Mariana! They were fun gifts to make, since they all could be so different. XXO-

walter and me said...

Wow, fabulous vibrant colours...and so many pillows!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Pebbledash! Yes--I think I got a little carried away! :)

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

What a beautiful collection. I love them all! Lucky, lucky recipients to have a Heather original...The designs and you...Original, unique and wonderful:-)

Hugs,
Dawn

Heather Woollove said...

Yupp, Dawn...'original' is the word!! Grin.
XXO--