Monday, May 26, 2014

Flat Felt and Leather Purses- Part 5 of ?

Tiny pre-felt squares are added to the bubble wrap surface...

...(the white paper underneath is just a size template.)


                                         A layer of hand-dyed silk comes next...



                                     ...followed by a layer of wonderful, orange...



                                                  ...variegated wool roving. :)



                                                    Wetting out the project...



                                            ...then adding a second layer of roving...



                                                ...'neatening-up' the edges...

                                                  ...and wetting it out again.



                                         A perforated resist is added at one end...

                                                   ...for the internal pocket.



                                 The foam is covered with one layer of wool roving...



                                                ...plus a layer of silk gauze.



                                                    Mid-way through felting.




                                           You may have noticed over the years...

                                          ...that I really love little squares.

                                        Well...this bag incorporates a lot of them! :)

                                           Next time: the finished purse...

                                              ...with green leather details!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the colours!

Unknown said...

I have to say, the patience needed to stop, and take a photo, at every stage of the process, is huge. I commend you for your amazing patience, because I know I would never do as well. LOL

The "bag" is looking good so far, so I'm sure it will be another wonder. :)

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I'm looking forward to see the finished creation--and I have really enjoyed seeing your process! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my last post--I value that knowledge.

Heather Woollove said...

Oh Rachel-Me, too! :)
Sandie--Hahaha...it's pretty much ingrained in me now, but I do find myself 'missing' some shots when I go to blog a project now and then! :)
Dawn--I was SO excited to see Elis' work as the front photo of your blog! I am rather jealous that you got to see it installed!! When i visited her earlier this Spring, the exhibit was not yet open.

Terriea Kwong said...

Always love seeing how you made patterns with small pre felts. They look very detail.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Terriea! I do love my little squares! :)